2nd Line Support Engineer
2nd Line Support Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a 2nd Line Support Engineer with previous managed service provider (MSP) experience. As a 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer, you will be a first point of client contact responsible for maintaining the high standards expected from clients purchasing managed services solutions. You will be exposed to the following: desktop, servers, virtualisation, network structure, disaster recovery, business continuity, hosting services, Public and Private Cloud, security and bespoke managed solutions.
You will be providing support to our clients both on-site and remotely so require a professional and friendly manner. You will diagnose and resolve technical issues on your own and as part of the team as well as perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by your line manager. We have a wide variety of clients in different industries, so you will be facing different issues and learning about a broad spectrum of IT software and hardware.
- Further or Higher Education qualifications
- 2+ years relevant experience in an MSP environment or related IT services role
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Exchange, Sharepoint, OneDrive)
- Previous experience with antivirus and firewalls.
- Understanding of spam filtering/email security (mimecast)
- Experience with troubleshooting desktop/Laptop hardware and software issues for both Windows and MAC.
- Ability to perform technical repairs, upgrades, installations and warrantees.
- A good understanding and working knowledge of networks (Watchguard, VLAN, Firewalls, switches, routing)
- In-depth knowledge of Windows based desktop and servers.
- Good working knowledge of Cloud VOIP and PBX systems.
- Experience with telecom providers (troubleshooting line and broadband issues with ISPs.
- Understanding of back-up systems (Storagecraft, Skykick)
- Good understanding of Active directory on Windows Server 2008 and above.
- Experience of using CRM tools for ticketing and client liaison.
- Working knowledge of RMM tools (ConnectWise Automate/Labtech) and Remote Access Software.
- Experience of working with channel partners and resellers to acquire stock.
- Some knowledge of facilitating ‘Virtual meetings/webinars’ using Zoom, GoToMeet, Microsoft Teams and other platforms.
Salary and Benefits
- Between a range of £28,000 - £34,000 depending on experience
- Pension scheme with 7% company contributions
- Death in service benefit
- Training and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Fun company nights out
- Access to IT discounts
- Fruit Box, Coffee Machine available in the office
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed for this role please do apply now.
Interested in this role?
Enter your details and register your interest with usApply now →