We are currently recruiting for a Data Architect to deliver the vision for the organisation as set by the lead data architect, through data design, to meet business needs.
- You will design, provide guidance and assurance of data models (Conceptual, Logical, subject area model, etc.)
- You will design and maintain the appropriate metadata repositories to enable the organisation to understand their data assets.
- You will work with diverse senior stakeholders including business stakeholders to understand requirements and interpret them, be flexible and manage stakeholder expectations.
- You will undertake data profiling and source system analysis, present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
- You will produce and maintain data designs including data flow diagrams and data architecture blueprints, that will assure and integrate data to meet the needs of multiple business services and ensure the organisation designs architecture that considers data.
- You will work with the wider CDO, including the data quality function, to support resolution of data quality problems through design.
- You will work closely with technical architects to make sure that an organisation’s systems are designed in accordance with the appropriate data architecture.
- You will support and provide guidance for the upgrade, management, de-commission and archive of data in compliance with data policy
Skills and Experience:
- Communication skills (data). You can effectively translate and accurately communicate across technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as facilitate discussions within a multidisciplinary team, with potentially difficult dynamics. You can advocate for the team externally and can manage differing perspectives.
- Data analysis and synthesis. You undertake data profiling and source system analysis. You can present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
- Data communication. You know that data needs to be aligned to the needs of the end user. You can create basic visuals and presentations.
- Data governance. You understand what data governance is required. You can take responsibility for the assurance of data solutions and make recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Data innovation. You are aware of opportunities for innovation with new tools and uses of data.
- Data modelling. You can explain the concepts and principles of data modelling and can produce, maintain and update relevant data models for specific business needs. You can reverse-engineer data models from a live system.)
- Data standards. You know how to develop data standards for a specific component. You can analyse where data standards have been applied or breached and undertake an impact analysis of that breach.
- Metadata management. You work with metadata repositories to complete complex tasks such as data and systems integration impact analysis. You maintain a repository to ensure information remains accurate and up to date.
- Problem resolution (data). You respond to problems in databases, data processes, data products and services as they occur. You initiate actions, monitor services and identify trends to resolve problems. You determine the appropriate remedy and assist with implementation of it as well as preventative measures
- Strategic thinking (data architecture). You know about the strategic context of your work and why it is important. You can support strategic planning in an administrative capacity.
- Turning business problems into data design. You design data architecture by dealing with specific business problems and aligning it to enterprise-wide standards and principles. You work within the context of well understood architecture and can identify appropriate patterns.
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed for this role; please do apply now.
Interested in this role?
Enter your details and register your interest with usApply now →