Digital Jira & Confluence (Atlassian) Administrator - Newbury
Interested in this role?
Enter your details and register your interest with us
Digital Jira & Confluence (Atlassian) Administrator
Location : Newbury
Salary : up to £70K (depending on experience)
Position : Digital Jira & Confluence (Atlassian) Administrator
Responsible for the setup and administration of the UK Digital Instance of Atlassian’s Jira & Confluence instances. Supporting the teams throughout the development life cycle, you will enable effective tracking, reporting, collaboration and communication through Atlassian tooling, supporting the varying needs and requirements of each project and identifying best practices to support their requirements.
Your role will enable the entire digital team and our partners to meet THE COMPANIES’s strategic goals, ensuring security and training for the wider teams to derive the most value from these tools. You will initially administer c200 users using these tools to run a series of digital projects.
- Graduate calibre
- Full clean driving licence
- Atlassian Administrator certification desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Highly credible – We are looking for someone with at least 12 months and ideally 2+ years’ experience of administering on-site and cloud instances of Jira and Confluence into an enterprise environment, experience of configuring Jira Portfolio for tracking and programme reporting would also be valuable
- Experience in full setup and customization of Atlassian solutions, including Jira and Confluence within complex multi-site environments, that are including outside partners
- Experience customising security & access rules, along with integration with IAM/Access Control Management
- Pro-active solution design and problem-solving with regards to workflow management and configuration of both Jira and Confluence spaces and other ALM tooling as determined by the Director of Digital Development.
- Active coaching of users and super users and advocating tooling features to drive adoption of JIRA and confluence to compliment and assist in our digital delivery roadmap
- Organisation and delivery of training to users including development of guidelines, collateral and training aids supporting JIRA and Confluence adoption
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language) and SQL queries
- Ability to construct reporting dashboards and MI to drive delivery insights
- Establishing best practices around the use of JIRA and Confluence within The companiesDigital, collaborating with project managers and teams to help achieve the unique goals of each project
- Experience in managing Atlassian apps to support agile delivery methods especially a CI/CD development pipeline and goals of automating testing wherever commercially viable. We may need to integrate additional plug-ins into Jira to facilitate these objectives and prior experience will be valuable
- Experience of using other tooling such as Gliffy, Trello, BitBucket would also be useful
- Candidates with experience of Ecommerce delivery (especially Hybris) would be welcomed
Key Results Areas
- Able to contribute to project planning and implementation, enabling Jira & Confluence to support agile project objectives
- Drive quality and security into all of our deliverables, enabling release barriers to be removed
- Train and guide project staff on how to best utilise Atlassian tools to support their work and enable collaboration across teams
- Assure secure delivery across Atlassian platforms, utilising THE COMPANIES approved integrations and liaise with THE COMPANIES IT and Security team.
- Able to contribute to and then implement an ambitious technical and digital delivery roadmap
- Help to embed agile delivery principles within the digital team utilising Jira and Confluence
Parker Shaw - Please apply for more information
Interested in this role?
Enter your details and register your interest with usApply now →