We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure engineer with particularly strong Office 365 experience and skills who has implemented M365 suite technology initiatives within the organisation.
As an infrastructure engineer you will work with infrastructure services that underpin all internal user services and services to the public. Working in a team of infrastructure specialists and engineers, you will build, administer, support, and maintain solutions as directed and according to directorate policy. You will work with third party provision of infrastructure services and provide expertise to support infrastructure services.
The core infrastructure consists of Office 365/Azure, Active Directory, Windows and Linux Servers as well as VMware including AWS.
You will also take responsibility for providing end user support to collaboration, information management, messaging and communication solutions using Office365.
You will thrive using agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Support M365 suite, primarily Exchange Online, SharePoint and PowerApps.
- Ensure the health and operation of the M365 platform including security is maintained
- Administration support of the M365 platform including Share Point, Teams, One Drive and MS Intune
- Continuous development of the Microsoft roadmap and its impact on M365
- Regular monitor and analyses of M365 platform logs and audit
- Help ensure services are integrated, delivered, and operated as required.
- Be responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and operation of computer systems, network servers and virtualization.
- Install and manage hardware and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Maintain dependable IT infrastructure and networking that is always available.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems by running diagnostics, prioritising, and assessing the impact of issues, and documenting problems and resolutions.
- Perform regular backup operations and implement processes for data protection, failover, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Perform network and storage capacity planning, reviews, and performance monitoring.
- You will be a continual learner, keeping up to date with modern infrastructure, technology, standards, and techniques.
- Contribute to the Operations community of practise by sharing knowledge and skills.
- Act as a digital ambassador by sharing experiences through blog posts and engaging with the wider Digital IT community.
- Work independently, having a high level of discipline to manage and take ownership of technical issues.
- Be able to analyse complex technical problems and advise appropriate solutions, given sometimes conflicting requirements.
- Be able to focus and concentrate on solving complex problems, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Be able to communicate highly complex technical issues and risks to non-technical business stakeholders external to the team, both verbally and in writing.
- Support the Lead Infrastructure Engineer to build the security of new and existing infrastructure to protect information from unauthorised access, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction.
- Be able to influence senior technical managers regarding the architecture and systems, often involving highly complex technical negotiations at team meetings and the cross-department architecture forum.
- Be able to handle sensitive negotiations around change in scope and handling shifting priorities.
- Sometimes helping with the recruitment of technical staff including sifting and interviewing.
- Relevant degree in a computer science field or equivalent level of knowledge gained through experience and further training/development.
- Relevant M365 qualification or equivalent significant experience.
- Higher levels of related IT education.
Knowledge and skills
- Experience of providing O365 support in a structured service desk environment (ITIL process-driven).
- Experience of balancing user needs and business needs (information and records management, security, corporate policy) when configuring and supporting new solutions.
- Experience of rollout of ‘Modern experience’ SharePoint Online.
- Operational management of Windows and Linux servers, delivering a secure, and reliable environment.
- Operational management of physical servers and storage arrays.
- Strong working knowledge of networking hardware, software, and protocols.
- Strong expertise and knowledge of Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019.
- Management of Exchange Server 2016 / Online.
- A good understanding of network security, practices, and configuration.
- Good expertise and knowledge of Active Directory and associated services such as Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), DHCP, DNS, Group policy, WSUS, LDAP
- Good knowledge of Office 365 support technologies including but not limited to Azure AD Connect, ADFS, Azure Active Directory, Conditional Access Policies.
- Knowledge of Windows Deployment Services
- Good expertise and knowledge of PowerShell.
- Experience of providing O365 applications support in a structured service desk environment (ITIL process-driven).
- Demonstrable experience of supporting and configuring specific solutions within Office 365 and related tools and technologies.
- Significant experience of Active Directory administration, group policy management, DHCP, DNS, always on VPN, DFS and authentication.
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 / 2016 and always on availability groups.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Good experience configuring anti-malware, intrusion detection and vulnerability scanning systems.
- Experienced in debugging complex server infrastructure in a high availability environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure infrastructure as a service platform and hybrid infrastructure.
- Experience with legacy systems and migrations.
- Previous experience working in a team of infrastructure engineers to deliver a first-class service.
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed for this role; please do apply now.
Interested in this role?
Enter your details and register your interest with usApply now →