Interested in this role?
Enter your details and register your interest with us
Contract duration : 6 months, with 6 month extension
Location : Leeds
Pay rate : £550pd – INSIDE IR35
Position : Java Developer – SC Eligible
Java Developer – SC Eligible
6 month contract
£550pd – INSIDE IR35
You must be SC eligible to apply.
We are looking for an outstanding Developer, who can make a positive impact.Let’s be clear about the impact of your work - better digital services in government will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
We are looking for outstanding skills and must be ready to quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts focused on the Department for Work and Pensions’ flagship welfare reform programme.
We are looking for the kind of person who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy; what really excites the successful candidate is problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users. The candidate will be expected to draw value from collaboration with others, actively seek input from colleagues and value a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Day-to-day they will be using their experience and technical skills to support the team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
● Recent experience with Java 8 (or newer) microservice architectures.
● Be willing to work in a pair programming environment.
● Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD
● Have experience in AWS/Azure
● Experience of working in an Agile environment
● Have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use.
● Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
● Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
● Be knowledgeable of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
● Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours.
● Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
● Have experience working on technical projects within a team.
● Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
● Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
● Understand of the use of Responsive Web Design.
● Containerisation – Docker, Kubernetes
It would also be desirable to:
• Have a working knowledge of Jackson, JAX-RS, Mockito, ActiveMQ
• Experience of MongoDB or other document databases.
• Have experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites.
• Have experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a Maze test. Please do not apply if you are not willing to do this.
If this role is of interest please do apply now.
Interested in this role?
Enter your details and register your interest with usApply now →