Master Data Administrator
Master Data Administrator
We are currently recruiting for a Master Data Administrator to be responsible for the quality and integrity of business-critical master data as a shared asset, to maintain it as trusted source of data for re-use across the business.
You will have excellent attention to detail and be responsible for the creation and maintenance of master data in line with business rules, policy, data standards and data management approaches.
You will be a point of escalation for data consumers, to manage requests from the business for new golden records to be created and to update existing records where necessary, including to carry out matching and merging of records, manual validation and verification of new records within the MDM environment using supporting tools and systems.
You will support continuous improvement in ways of working for the team and suggest improvements to business and data processes.
- Data management - You understand data governance and how it works in relation to other organisational governance structures. You can participate in or deliver the assurance of a service.
- Logical and creative thinking skills - You know how to respond to problems in databases, data processes, data products and services as they occur. You can initiate actions, monitor services and identify trends to resolve problems. You know how to determine the appropriate remedy and can help to implement it as well as preventative measures.
- Quality assurance, validation and data linkage abilities - You can recognise and identify appropriate ways to collect, collate and prepare data. You can decide if data is accurate and fit for purpose. You know how to do your own data preparation and cleansing with limited guidance.
- Communication skills - You know about the need to translate technical concepts into non-technical language and understand what communication is required for internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience of verifying, cleansing or matching and merging data, preferably using MDM software and tools.
- Experience of managing Party Master data (Organisation, Individual) or similar domains such as ‘Customer’ master data.
- Experience of use of Microsoft Excel Functions
- Awareness or experience of Microsoft D365, Microsoft Master Data Services (MDS), Microsoft Azure Data Factory, MDM tooling desirable but not essential
- Awareness or experience of use (not development) of PowerBI Reports
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed for this role; please do apply now.