Senior IT Transition Project Manager
Senior IT Transition Project Manager
Pay rate : £433.38 per day outside IR35
Duration : 8 months
Job Description & Person Specification Background
Hampshire County Council is in the process of changing social care systems. Children’s Services Department are moving from SWIFT/ICS to Servelec’s Mosaic and Adults, Health & Care Department are moving from SWIFT/AIS to Caredirector from Careworks. Each department already has a fully resourced project to deliver the systems change. An experienced, senior IT project manager is being sought to work alongside the system change projects, managing the transition of the two IT services from non production (projects) to live services (business as usual).
• Plan, manage and successfully deliver service transition (from project to business as usual) for Children’s Services and Adults, Health and Care social care system change.
• Establish governance arrangements for the ongoing planning, management and maintenance of the two new social care services
• Co-ordinate the work required to establish an IT target operating model to reflect the changes brought about as a result of changing systems.
• Support team leads with the development of job descriptions, where the need for either new or changed roles are identified
• Complete a financial assessment to inform future on-going costs and charges for each of the two new services
• Produce and maintain a fully resourced project plan for the two service transitions
• Make recommendations for upskilling and knowledge transfer required to support the two new services
• Agree support triage arrangements and arrange for changes to supporting processes and systems (including the IT Service Desk) for the two new services
• Complete HCC IT standard documentation for service transition, follow the process and gain all necessary approvals according to IT governance
• Provide transition input to the project cutover plans as necessary.
• Ensure early life support, resources and processes and communications plans are in place for the two new services
• Produce a plan for the decommissioning of the legacy social care IT service being replaced
• Deliver project service transition documentation and communications to a high standard
• Regular reports to Programme Boards, presenting transition plans and demonstrating progress
• Work closely with key stakeholders across IT, Children’s Services and Adults, Health & Care to ensure alignment and management of dependencies between transition and system change projects • Liaison with Children’s Services and Adults, Health and Care representatives to agree governance across IT and user departments
• Good standard of general education and/or formal industry recognised qualification or able to demonstrate achievement at that level
• Experience of working in an IT environment
• Experience of successful delivery of projects and transition of IT services
• Excellent organisational skills
• Effective communication skills at all levels, including oral, written, presentation and briefing others • Able to establish effective working relationships with people at all levels
• To be able to work effectively, openly and supportively with a range of IT and non-IT colleagues of all levels
• Experience and knowledge of the social care business and social care IT systems
• Training or qualifications in ITIL e.g. ITIL v3 or v4 certified
• PRINCE2 qualified Working Conditions
The following section provides an outline of the working conditions that may be encountered in this role:
• DSE Equipment User
• Lone working
• You may be required to visit other locations within Hampshire [and the Isle of Wight or other local authority], and therefore need to have the ability to travel, as necessary.